Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dear Doctors I had a Dream

I had a dream
that one day
all nations would join together
and work towards a common goal
and we could pray for a better world
I had a dream
that I could go outside and play in the snow
I had a dream that people could play together

I had a dream that little children of all races, all nations, all sexes, could play together on the same playground and nobody had to feel different unless they wanted to, nobody had to feel the same unless they wanted to

Collaborate or Perish

I had a dream
and nobody can take it away from me

Because my dreams are in my mind
and you can take my freedom, you can take my liberty, you can do what you want with my body
but you can never take the dreams inside my head
because they'll live on forever
even after i'm dead
cause I have a pen and a pad
and i'll write them down whenever i'm mad
or sad
or whenever i feel like writing

to get rid of these headaches
these back aches
these aches and pains
cause i'm living in a world of pain
and it's insane how easy life could be
but we make it so difficult

i had a dream
that one day

everybody could dream for a better a world
i had a dream
that one day we could all have smiles on our faces.

i had a dream
that everybody could have a dream because they felt safe enough to sleep
and nourish their bodies

i had a dream
but i don't know if anybody will ever share my visions
i don't know if anybody will ever understand

but i'll continue to dream and when i go to bed know that my head
will continue to dream for a better tomorrow until I'm dead

don't lose the dreams inside you're head cause they'll only be there till you're dead
so dream little darling, dream

i had a dream and maybe one day my dreams can become a reality, but not today, and probably not tomorrow but maybe one day my dreams can be your dreams and we can dream together and we can make our dreams the next generations reality

but who knows
they are just dreams
recurring in my head
when i lie down
i do more than just go to bed
i rest
i recooperate
i live
i die
but my dreams will live on
forever in the ether
so maybe one day someone can decipher the code

maybe one day my dreams will become a reality
but not today
but for today i will be the change i wish to see in the world
for tomorrow is just an excuse for today
and words are just words
you have to live it to understand
you have to love it to truly care
you have to hate what you once loved
you have to love what you once hated
or the cognitive dissonance will eat you up inside

i will sleep
and i will dream
good night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Quotes

"Success comes to those that dare to dream dreams and are foolish enough to try and make them come true."
-Vinod Khosla
"Ideas, Products, Messages and Behaviors spread just like viruses do..."
-Malcolm Gladwell

"The 1000 mile journey begins with just one step"
-Chinese Proverb

Me & P

Me & P
Me and P Outside Vondel Park

Total Pageviews