Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Paint a Picture


I'll paint a picture of me
You'll paint a picture of you
I'll like what I'll see
We'll see if it's true
Can this really be?

I'll paint a picture of you
you'll paint a picture of me
One of us will say, "I love you"
The other will hesitate and say,
"I love you too"
We'll smile and kiss
until one day I'll miss

I miss you
I miss you too
No, you hang up
What's the hold up?
I'll paint a picture of you
You'll paint a picture of me
It'll be a picture of two

They'll be jealous of us

We'll make promises we hope to keep
some we will
some we won't
but I promise you I never meant to hurt you

I'll paint a picture of us
You'll paint a picture of us
but one day
I love you won't be enough
It'll be the way you said it
And I won't believe you anymore
I won't think you meant it

Painting makes you believe in make believe.

Then I'll be busy
Painting a picture of you
while you’re painting a picture of me
But it's no longer us
Because there's no longer trust
And you'll be busy
painting a picture of you
and I'll be busy
painting a picture of me
that I won't want anybody to see


it's not you, it's me
it's not me, it's you

until I find someone
that can understand
I don't want to paint a picture of you
I don't want to paint a picture of me

I just want to be
but I'm busy
Painting a picture of you
You're painting a picture of me
some made up fantasy
for the world to see.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Quotes

"Success comes to those that dare to dream dreams and are foolish enough to try and make them come true."
-Vinod Khosla
"Ideas, Products, Messages and Behaviors spread just like viruses do..."
-Malcolm Gladwell

"The 1000 mile journey begins with just one step"
-Chinese Proverb

Me & P

Me & P
Me and P Outside Vondel Park

Total Pageviews