Sunday, October 10, 2010

Why?

Why?

I'm creating a blog to keep a collection of some interesting thoughts/concepts/questions/quotes. Perhaps naively, I try to understand the world around me. I try to find the meaning in things. I try to gain a greater understanding of human behavior. I hope this intellectual curiosity will allow me to attempt to empathize with others (I don't believe you can ever fully understand what's going on in the mind of someone else). Sometimes this leads to me thinking too much, which in this overly complex world seems to be a bad thing. Sometimes I wish I didn't analyze so much, question so much, and wonder so much. But as Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living." I like to have reason for the things that I'm doing.

I always come across good quotes and never know what to do with them so I'll just post them up here. Most of our thoughts are based upon ideas that other people have previously explored anyway. Einstein goes as far to say, "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." I guess I'll try to add some interesting twists to things, but very rarely is anything that creative. I'll offer some of my personal thoughts and theories on the manner.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Quotes

"Success comes to those that dare to dream dreams and are foolish enough to try and make them come true."
-Vinod Khosla
"Ideas, Products, Messages and Behaviors spread just like viruses do..."
-Malcolm Gladwell

"The 1000 mile journey begins with just one step"
-Chinese Proverb

Me & P

Me & P
Me and P Outside Vondel Park

Total Pageviews